The Murphy TA/TU126 & TB125/7 receivers.
The Murphy TA/TU92 receivers.
The Murphy TA132 receiver.
The EU102, TU102S/A receiver.
|The Murphy 'T' series.
TA/TU92 price £25 0s. 0d. Add £5 11s. 2d. if bought in Great Britain.
TU102A/S price £?
TA/TU126 price £19 10s. 0d.
TA/TU128 price £31 0s. 0d.
TA132 price £17 0s. 0d.
TB125 price £23 5s. 0d.
TB127 price £23 15s. 0d.
- The TA92 was released in 1945. This was the first post-war export model.
The cabinet was initially finished in clear lacquer but changed subsequently (in 1947?) to a black finish (as illustrated).
The black version was available on domestic release from 1947 and also in AC/DC form.
Two different switch assemblies were used on the TA92 - there are separate diagrams...
- The Murphy TA92, for use on AC mains. (394k download size).
- The Murphy TA92, with Oak switch assembly. (399k download size).
- The Murphy TU92, for use on AC or DC mains. (399k download size).
- The Murphy TU102A is covered in the U102A service instructions (1211k download size).
- The Murphy TU102S is very similar to the TU102A.
It is, however, equipped with Medium and Two general coverage Shortwave Bands.
- The 126 range comes in a bakelite cabinet with white painted front. Despite appearances,
this set has much in common with the A104 - both use the same system of mechanical Short Wave bandspreading.
The 126 does away with the optical projection system in favour of a simple click stop mechanism.
The TB125 was the first Murphy to be produced for operation solely from an Accumulator.
The TB127 was a revised version of the TB125. The audio output was altered to utilise
a QP25 output valve. The revised circuit improved battery life considerably!
Picture of TA126 provided by Jose Afonso from Portugal - well, they do get about don't they?
- The Murphy TB125, for use with 6volt accumulator. (1810k download size).
- The Murphy TB127, supplementary service instructions. (585k download size).
- The Murphy TA126 & TU126, service instructions. (1894k download size).
- The 128 is in essence a re-boxed 92. The circuit will be similar to the TA/TU92.
- The Murphy TA132, shares the same cabinet as the later production U102A.
The cabinet is finished in Silver Brown metallic paint.
Diagram supplied by Jose Duarte Costa - many thanks!
|The Murphy 1952-54 Export range.
The Murphy TA/TU160 receivers.
The Murphy TA/TU226 & TB227 receivers.
The Murphy TA/TU196 receivers.
The TA/TU194 & TB193 table receivers.
In Bakelite Cabinet.
The TA/TU192 & TB191 table receivers.
These models usually have a much darker
scale pan than shown in this picture.
The TA/TU194 & TB193 table receivers.
In Wooden Cabinet.
The TB221/TA222 table models.
The TB223/TA224 table models.
The TU198/TB199 table models.
The example pictured above was
made in New Zealand.
The TA160R radiogram.
The TA224R radiogram.
|TA/TU160 price £40 0s. 0d.
TA160R price £108 0s. 0d.
TB191 price £12 15s. 0d.
TB191L price £? ?s. ?d.
TA/TU192 price £15 0s. 0d.
TA192L price £15 7s. 6d.
TB193 price £30 0s. 0d.
TA/TU194 price £26 10s. 0d.
TA194L price £26 17s. 6d.
TA/TU196 price £29 5s. 0d.
TU198 price £? ?s. ?d.
TB199 price £? ?s. ?d.
TB221 price £? ?s. ?d.
TA222 price £? ?s. ?d.
TB223 price £? ?s. ?d.
TA224 price £22 0s. 0d.
TA224R price £? ?s. ?d.
TA226 price £35 6s. 8d.
TU226 price £? ?s. ?d.
- The '192 range actually pre-dates the release of the domestic version by some
monthes. The TA192L has Long, Medium & Short Wavebands.
Murphy TA192 small table receiver for use on AC mains. 608k.
Murphy TA192L small table receiver for use on AC mains. 608k.
Murphy TU192 small table receiver for use on AC or DC mains. 610k.
- The TB191 is a small dry battery powered receiver. Also available as TB191L - with longwave for the European market.
Murphy TB191 small dry battery table receiver. 316k.
- The '153/4 gets a makeover to become the 193/4.
The works are, identical except for the following minor changes:-
TB193 Add resistor R10 1M between Aerial and Earth connections, C6 is 470pF, C7,8 & 28 are 0.04µF.
TA194 C12 is 470pF, C17 is 220pF, C41 is 0.01µF, C16, 29 & 31 are 0.04µF.
TU194 In addition to changes listed above: C1 & C6 are 500pF, R20 is now designated R29.
It would seem that this set was available with either Bakelite or Wooden cabinet. I've only encountered the wooden version...
A departure is the TA194L. The 11 metre bandspread range is dropped in favour of Long Wave.
Murphy TA194L for use on AC mains. 1027k.
- The TU198 again pre-dates the release of the domestic version.
It does not have a ferrite rod aerial - it has Medium and only one Short wave band.
Available in either 110v or 220v versions. Murphy TU198 small table receiver. 608k.
An alternative version of the TU198, the TU198A, was released a few monthes later. It has different shortwave coverage.
This too was available for 110v or 220v operation. Murphy TU198A small table receiver. 615k.
- The TB199 is a dry battery operated version of the TU198. Murphy TB199 small table battery receiver. 579k.
- The '156 gets a 'Makeover' to become the '196. The works are, I believe, Identical.
The design was revised in 1953. Murphy TA196M for use on AC mains. 449k.
- The '160 is quite probably the best table model that Murphy made after the war!
- The Murphy TA160/R & TU160, Service Manual. 2980k.
- The TA160R uses the same cabinet as the A172R.
- The TA222 replaces the TA192. This cabinet was later used for A362 & A372.
The Murphy TA222 table receiver. 611k.
- The Murphy TB223 bandspread table receiver. (379k download size).
Diagram provided by António M Santos from Portugal.
- The Murphy TA224 bandspread table receiver. (297k download size).
A somewhat revised version of the '154/194. Diagram provided by Arthur Williams from New Zealand.
- The Murphy TA224R bandspread radiogram. (600k download size).
- The Murphy TU226 bandspread table receiver. (664k download size).